The vast majority of Americans have no idea that their daily life puts one of their most precious organs at risk of failing them long before they should.
A diet high in processed foods, constant exposure to toxins, and chronic dehydration are all factors that could lead to compromised kidney failure and the inability to function at full capacity.
Because the kidneys are so important to keep the body free and clear of toxins, it’s critical every person, regardless of age or race, knows simple kidney cleanses that help to improve energy and eliminate adrenal fatigue.
A Little Known Fact about Kidneys and How To Keep Them In Tip Top Shape
An interesting fact about the kidneys isn’t just that these filtering organs help purify the blood and keep your body free and clear of toxins…it’s that the adrenal glands rest atop the kidneys.
The adrenal glands are responsible for the secretion of a hormone called adrenaline that is critically important to energy levels.
When the kidneys are over-taxed, it causes the adrenal glands to overproduce adrenaline, which may lead to the development of adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue sets in after the body attempts to regain a sense of hormonal balance by releasing excessive amounts of cortisol.
Once this happens, it creates a vicious cycle that may eventually lead to chronic fatigue, compromised immune function, and more.
That’s why it’s essential to treat your kidneys right and perform dietary cleanses that help to prevent it from succumbing to ritualistic abuse.
Simple Ways to Cleanse the Kidneys
Giving the kidneys the tools they need to operate at 100% isn’t that hard.
Eating the following foods, and drinking enough fluids (while also getting a decent amount of sleep, is all that’s needed.
Foods to eat:
- Cranberries: high in antioxidants, they also help to battle UTIs, which can impede kidney function.
- Beets: Beets are high in a compound called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide helps to infuse the blood with more oxygen and also helps the kidneys function.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice diluted in water helps with detoxification, aids in digestion, promotes hydration, and also will prevent calcium from lodging in the kidneys and forming kidney stones.
- Spinach: High in b vitamins and other antioxidants that assist in detox, spinach is essential for keeping kidneys firing on all cylinders.
- Seaweed: While not one of the most common foods you’ll find at the grocery store, eating seaweed helps to purge the body of dangerous heavy metals (like mercury and chromium), which serves to cleanse the kidneys.
Eating 1 serving of these 5 foods per day for 7-10 days will give the kidneys the much needed support they need working to filter your body of dangerous toxins.
In addition to those foods, consider drinking tea with these herbs in them during your cleanse.
- Burdock root: Typically found in teas, burdock root is a diuretic and helps you pass fluids to flush the kidneys.
- Sting nettle: Another herb that can be consumed in tea-form, Stinging nettle’s high vitamin C content can help the kidneys when you’re filtering extra fluid as vitamin C acts as a potent antioxidant.
Adding a few cups of each of these teas to your day, plus the foods mentioned above will help cleanse the kidneys and may also keep adrenal fatigue at bay!