Although flatulence is not typically spoken about in everyday adult conversation, it’s one of the most unifying factors in all human history.
The truth is, everybody farts. And, according to Medical News Today, there are many things we can learn from this curious phenomenon.
7 Interesting “Fart Facts”
- The average person’s body makes anywhere between 0.6 – 1.8 liters of intestinal gas every single day.
- There is no evidence that certain age groups or sexes fart more than another.
- A healthy individual will typically fart between 12 – 25 times every day. However, it is common to pass gas more often, depending on the diet.
- Love beans, but hate the flatulence? Soak them in water overnight before eating. This reduces the chances of having flatulence.
- According to a group of sociologists’ results from interviewing college students, heterosexual women are more likely to worry that people will find their farting “disgusting.” However, heterosexual men are more likely to think their farts are funny.
- People tend to pass more gas when asleep than they do when they’re awake.
- Only 1 percent of the gases in farts actually smell bad. This is because, oftentimes, the gas itself smells foul (including hydrogen sulfide, a common gas found in flatulence).